Saturday, July 4, 2015

An escape route from Kolkata..and a unique view of Victoria Memorial

Those who are from West Bengal, or particularly from Kolkata, the place Canning holds only one meaning. Thats the place where all the domestic helps come from!!! I never went there before, and due to this reputation, the image that came to my mind about Canning was not so flattering. So naturally when my friends Anupam suggested we go there for a photo shoot, I was a bit apprehensive. But since Anupam was so persuasive, I couldn't say no and decided to go. Boy, was I lucky to accept his offer. Because not only the place is extremely picturesque, the journey to and from Canning was a great fun.

Canning is situated at extreme south of West Bengal, and the river Matla flows through it. During the rainy seasons, one can get gorgeous cloud formations and outstanding colors during the golden hours. We mainly concentrated on shooting landscapes by the river bank. As expected, due to the continuous rainfall, the river bank was extremely muddy and slippery, making the task of shooting more difficult. After we packed up that day, we were covered in mud upto our knees, but when I look at the images I got that day, I have no repentance. Time permitting, I am raring to go there once again and shoot some more images. I am sharing some of the images I took that day. Please share your feedback and comments on the images.

When the day ends



The Broken one

Fire on the sky

Tranquility

The lonely boat

I am including one more picture that I took a few days back. We all have seen the Victoria Memorial. But I doubt that many people have seen it the way I saw that evening. With the newly installed LED lights in full swing, the British architecture looked absolutely magnificent. Add with that the illuminated sky line and the pitch darkness of the Maidaan, and the beauty increases manifold. Really was lucky that I carried a camera that day.

Victoria at night

So, I sign off with this image. I am really happy to share with you all these images. Due to various professional and personal reasons, I was unable to shoot any photo the last few months and the trip to Canning was my first photo-trip in nearly 5 months. What do you think about them? Please comment below to let me know about your opinion. Till next time, good bye..

2 comments:

  1. The photos of Canning are beautiful and I think this image of Victoria is also wonderful. Is there any ways I could share my photos with you on the blog? I am a newbie and hence would request your experienced eyes over the photos. And I know its of no significance to you but I finally have become successful today in creating a bokeh by shooting in manual mode. Would like your opinion on my photos. How do I share them with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Hey even I am a newbie and I am afraid my advise won't be of much help. But still if you want, you can mail me your images and I will try my best to give my feedback on them.

      Delete